Today, Leader McCarthy and House Republicans capped off National Police Week with the ‘Back the Blue Bike Tour‘—a bike ride with U.S. Capitol Police down our National Mall.
The men and women of Capitol Police work tirelessly to keep Congress safe every single day. Each day these officers perform their duty not for money nor glory, but out of service and dedication to our great country.
To all the officers out there: please know you are making a difference. You are helping people. We, the American people, appreciate your tireless work to keep us safe.
House Republicans will always support our men and women in uniform.
1. House Republicans and Capitol Police depart the United States Capitol.
2. Leader McCarthy Leads the pack down the National Mall. Just as our men and women in uniform stand in defense of our communities, House Republicans rode alongside Capitol Police in solidarity.
3. At the Lincoln Memorial, House Republicans stand shoulder-to-shoulder with U.S. Capitol Police.
4. Leader McCarthy and House Republicans address the press, championing the service and sacrifice of our police officers and common-sense policing legislation.
5. At the United States Police Memorial, Leader McCarthy lays a wreath in honor of law enforcement, their families, and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. This year, 394 names of deceased police officers were added to the memorial.
We must never disgrace the memory of the fallen by defunding our police.
Leader McCarthy’s remarks honoring America’s law enforcement officers can be viewed HERE.