Need more evidence that House Democrats are wasting their majority away?
Even the Democrats’ own polling shows that the American people are “more aware of Democratic investigations than the bills they’ve passed.”
And when it comes to their imaginary impeachment, the American people aren’t on board. A new Morning Consult/Politico poll reveals that the American people are “largely unswayed by House Dems’ push for impeachment.”
- Only 37% of Americans support impeachment, 50% oppose it.
- Only 31% of independents support impeachment, 50% oppose it.
- “Since the release of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s report in the spring, overall support for impeachment has fluctuated between 35 percent and 38 percent”
Chairman Nadler campaigned to his fellow Democrats that he’s the “strongest member to lead a potential impeachment,” but he’s just ending up with cringeworthy headlines:
- CNN: “Democrats are already botching the impeachment fight”
- The Hill: “Democrats’ impeachment message leads to plenty of head-scratching”
- Roll Call: “Democrats still not working off same playbook on impeachment”
- Slate: “Democrats Can’t Figure Out if They’re Trying to Impeach Trump or Not.”
Becoming increasingly desperate, Chairman Nadler yesterday violated bipartisan House committee rules in order to delegate official duties to political consultants. He brought in a Democrat donor and private consultant to badger the hearing’s witness – a violation clearly spelled out in the Committees’ Congressional Handbook. In the process, House Democrats are sending their constituents a clear message that they can’t be bothered to do their own jobs.
What a waste of taxpayer time.
Instead of fidgeting around with their imaginary impeachment, House Democrats should join Republicans in a bipartisan effort to:
- end the opioid epidemic
- pass the USMCA
- rebuild America’s infrastructure