As the House prepares to vote on Democrats’ rushed budget resolution today, it’s important to consider…
Do House Democrats – especially the progressive wing – support abandoning the Budget they passed earlier this week in favor of the one that was adopted by the Senate last night? Do they support these amendments that are in the package (do they even know)?
These amendments are in the bill they’re about to vote on.
- Prohibit a Washington-directed increase of the federal minimum wage ($15 per hour) during a global pandemic.
- Passed by voice, Ernst #767
- Maintaining the U.S. embassy in Israel in Jerusalem, at its current levels of operation, including funding levels and security.
- Passed (97-3), Inhofe #786
- Prioritize increasing federal police assistance funding as part of the reconciliation process.
- Passed unanimously (100-0), Cornyn #558
- Prohibiting actions making the United States reliant on other nations with weaker environmental standards (e.g. Russia, China, Iran, and Venezuela)
- Passed by voice, Murkowski #806