According a new CNN/ORC poll published this morning, the President’s approval rating is underwater yet again. A stalled economy, a lackluster job market, and the President’s lack of a strategy to defeat ISIL are driving the President’s numbers back into negative territory.
- 52% of Americans Disapprove of the President’s job performance
- 53% of Americans Disapprove of the President’s handling of the economy
- 63% of Americans Disapprove of the President’s handing of ISIS
House Republicans have taken a different path, and have focused on fostering economic growth and expanding opportunities in the job market. So we passed:
- A pro-growth balanced budget
- A bill to restore the 40-hour workweek that Obamacare destroyed
- A bill to support an increase in veteran employment
- A series of bills to help small businesses grow, create jobs, and pay higher wages
- A bill to permanently extended the research and development tax credit
- A job-creation energy infrastructure and permitting reform bill
- A bill to reprioritize how we fund basic research
- A bill to stop the EPA’s economically harmful overreach
- A bill to approve job-creating Keystone pipeline
- A bill to require agencies to consider the least costly rulemaking option possible
And we continue to call on the President to present a strategy to defeat ISIL. The President’s approaches to the economy and combatting terrorism haven’t been working. The House has a different vision and a new agenda, and it’s past time for the President to join our efforts.