What you Need to Know About the Drinking Water Funding for the Future Act
Reps. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05) & David McKinley (WV-01)
Real Solutions, Real Infrastructure
Bill: The Drinking Water Funding for the Future Act
Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee are leading to ensure key drinking water programs are funded and protected. It invests critical dollars where we can make a difference — for safe drinking water in our communities.
— Energy & Commerce GOP (@HouseCommerce) May 17, 2021
Here’s what you need to know about the Drinking Water Funding for the Future Act.
We have worked in the past to send bipartisan legislation to President Trump’s desk to modernize our drinking water systems. As we get to work on infrastructure, we should look to build on this.
The Drinking Water Funding for the Future Act will help bring safe drinking water to communities. It supports programs at both the state and federal level to modernize our drinking water infrastructure, protect public health, and target resources to disadvantaged and rural areas.
In addition, the Drinking Water Funding for the Future Act of 2021 will:
- Bring investment to and modernization of the country’s drinking water infrastructure.
- Authorize in total more than $11.58 billion over five years for drinking water programs and support at the Federal and state level.
- Continue to promote accountability by helping states and utilities with compliance and asset management.
- Provide funding for risk and resilience measures at public water systems, including cybersecurity attack prevention.
- Assist underserved and disadvantaged areas with funding for better water quality and replacement of lead service lines.
- Authorize approximately $9.5 billion over five years for the state drinking water revolving loan fund program, including for rural and Tribal areas.
- Prioritize funding for grants to develop, test, and deploy innovative water technologies or provide technical assistance to public water systems to deploy these technologies.
CLICK HERE to learn more.